Ceremonies for Families, Parents, and Children
Family life can be rich with wonder and emotion. In many past and present cultures around the world, the tremendous changes and challenges associated with family life are acknowledged with ceremony. This can be an opportunity to recognize and celebrate family members undergoing changes from one phase in life to another, or a moment for the larger family/community to offer support and guidance.
I offer ceremonies created specifically for your family at every point. A few examples:
- honoring expectant parents, including mother blessings
- baby and child welcomings (via birth, adoption, remarriage, and all the other ways families grow!)
- coming of age ceremonies for teenagers
- letting-go ceremonies for parents as teenagers move into early adulthood
- milestone birthday celebrations (70, 80, and beyond!)
- elder parents or grandparents moving from the family home into retirement or assisted living facilities
As with all ceremonies, you are given final approval over every word and element. As with all ceremonies, I also offer a la carte ceremony consulting if you would prefer a family member or other loved one perform the ceremony, but want professional help with research, writing. editing, or gathering ritual elements.
Please contact me for more information and to arrange a complimentary initial conversation.